The foundations of the "Spiele- und Buchhotel Tschitscher" were built way back in 15th century. Since 1672 the house stands in its current form. This was also the year Johann Baptist Grevi-Tschitscher got his excise license. During this time, the Tschitscher had its own inn brewery and was a post office with a horse changing station. With the construction of the "Pustertalbahn", which was finished in 1871, tourism started to become a factor in our region. The innkeeper at that time, Gottfried Mayr-Hassler, who was also the mayor and a member of the "Landtag", built guest rooms for the new summer vacationers and a veranda to the house. Since 2012, the Tschitscher is now a small, special play and book hotel and is trying to continue the tradition of the house in a modern way.